Personal protective equipment (PPE) protects workers and their livelihood when hazards are present in the workplace. This course teaches employees and their managers how to properly choose, use, and maintain PPE in the workplace.
After completing this course, workers should be able to:
- Correctly fit, maintain, and use personal protective equipment
- Conduct a workplace hazard evaluation and follow guidelines to select personal protective equipment
- Prevent eye injuries by recognizing and eliminating potential workplace hazards and by selecting proper eye protection devices
- Avoid foot injuries by understanding and eliminating potential workplace hazards and by choosing appropriate foot protection
- Prevent head injuries by keeping an eye on overhead hazards and determining the correct type of hard hat for the job
COURSE DURATION: Approximately 60 minutes
ONLINE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online Personal Protective Equipment: Safe at Work course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.