Workplace Violence & Harassment Topics Include:
- General and personal safety measures;
- Aggression and violence predicting factors;
- The assault cycle;
- Characteristics of aggressive and violent patients and victims;
- Verbal intervention and de-escalation techniques;
- Physical maneuvers to defuse and prevent violent behavior;
- Strategies to prevent physical harm
- Use of Restraints
Healthcare providers are healers. Causing injury is contrary to your mission. So, when confronted with aggressive or violent behavior, de-escalation, zero restraint and therapeutic approaches are always preferred. But there may be times when some degree of restraint is necessary as a last resort to prevent injury to the patient, provider or others.
Through narrative, illustration, actual demonstrations of techniques, testing and comprehensive course materials, this course empowers you to keep yourself, your patients, colleagues, and others safe.